Every piece of art being created is so much more than the visual outcome alone...it's the journey not the destination.

Monday 18 May 2020

Day 39 To Day 52 Of Lock-down

Day 39 - Monday (4 May 2020)


Monday Monday... Got up early as I had to be at the art shop at 8h30.  I was about 5 minutes late as I couldn't get the car to start.

It was really great seeing all my work colleagues.

Busy day at the art shop with a constant flow of people in the row ready to pay for their happiness goods.  I love the term 'happiness goods' because art and craft materials is good for the soul and takes your mind to different places where time is non-existing. 

What I noticed today is a number of people that disregards the social distancing request.  Reminding a person here and there to please put their mask on that is hanging under their chin, or the mask is covering their mouth, but not their nose.  Let's face it...with me wearing my face mask and you wearing your face mask we are respecting one another and protecting one another.

Got home, practicing safety measures as I get to the front door, taking my shoes off outside the front door.  Not touching anything, although I sanitized my hand when I left work today.  The shoes was carried outside to the back to stand in the sun.  Taking a shower and the clothes of the day went straight into the wash.

I felt very tired as the night before I had very little sleep.  After supper I was lying on the bed scrolling through social media and then dozed in and out of sleep a couple of times.  Jason and Alicia made some 'funnel cake', which is not really a cake as such, but absolutely delicious!

Photo courtesy from My Food and Family website

We went to bed just after 23h00 and low and behold I could not keep my eyes open.

Day 40 - Tuesday (5 May 2020)


I woke up just after 9h00 and am really grateful for a good nights rest.  This morning I updated yesterday's post as I was too tired last night.  

My shift at the art shop starts at 13h00 again.

This evening my friend Monica and I had an amazing and fun filled Skype chat.  Skype interfered a lot as it froze on quite a number of occasions, then the video will be slow motion and suddenly it will do catching up and it will fast forward to catch up on timing.  These fast forward incidents reminded me so much of the really old and soundless black and white movies.  I haven't laughed so much in a long time.  


Day 41 - Wednesday (6 May 2020)


Just a quiet morning and then off to work for my afternoon shift at the art shop.  

Getting home the normal routine of clothes in the washing machine and showering.  Spend some time on my You Tube channel organizing videos that I have saved.  

Day 42 - Thursday (7 May 2020)


Spend some more time organizing videos that I have saved while listening to some encouraging music in finding your joy, just being who you are and being happy in trying times.  


"This Is Me" as a big favourite.

Something you might not know about me is that I absolutely love music with drums or drumming and that is one of the reasons I love Shamanic music.  I find drumming music invigorating and it plays right into my soul to the seat of my soul. 


This is one of my ultimate favourite Shamanic Videos!...especially the section
starting at 30minutes and 12 seconds into the video.  It starts of slowly and builds up.
When this song plays I really wish that I had a drum, oh man, it is so invigorating!
When I feel sad, angry, down or need some cheering up or get to even get my mojo going I love listening this video, especially the section in the video mentioned above.  
Please note...this music is not listened to on a low volume, it really gets you going when you turn the volume up 😍

Just try and drum (even when you don't have a drum, your legs will do just fine as me 😄) with the section in the video I mentioned above and let me know how you found the experience.

I crochet a couple of rows again on my scarf that I started a couple of months ago.  

Did not feel great emotionally when I went to bed.  A lot of many different things all happening in the same space of time.  

Day 43 - Friday (8 May 2020)


I had a good night's rest, but I still do not feel better emotionally this morning.  To top it all Mr Anxiety Attack is visiting which is making me feeling even worse as I feel like I just can't breathe...my eyes are just watering up like a natural spring.

After work I just had some quiet time in the studio watching a couple of videos.


Day 44 - Saturday (9 May 2020)


Popped out to the shop this morning to get some medication.  

Spent the rest of the day and evening packing up my studio into boxes.


Day 45 - Sunday (10 May 2020)


The entire day was spend packing up my studio.  My husband said he can't believe how many packed boxes comes out of my studio as it is only a small studio of 12 square meters.  Currently there are 22 boxes packed and sealed.  

I have only kept out the basic essentials like watercolour paper, watercolour paints, pencils and watercolour palettes.  

I have box nr 23 half packed as the essential bits mentioned above will be packed when the time comes to move.


Day 46 - Monday (11 May 2020) to Day 52 - Sunday (17 May 2020)


Since inception of Lock-down I have been very good in updating my blog every evening.  This past week was a different kettle of fish altogether though.  A week which has left me utterly emotionally drained.  I said to Adrian that the last time I cried so much was when my Mom passed away.  

This was a kind of week where I felt I needed to get away from everything and everyone, no speaking, thinking...nothing.  Yet, this week has shown me such amazing kindness and support from various wonderful, kind and empathetic human beings and friends and for you I am truly grateful!  Thank you for the kindness, words of encouragement or just that look shared between friends where no words are necessary for the souls are connected and you speak without words.






  




















  




No comments:

Post a Comment